Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finding myself in San Francisco

January 1997 Anne and I went to San Francisco for our honeymoon. I returned again just last week and was found. I have been feeling a bit off center the last few weeks. I had surgery and stopped training, started weight loss and had a really hard few weeks at work. 6am came on Wednesday and I turned my phone off and went on a family vacation that I did not plan or put together (the first in a very long while). Traveling with 5 (3 of which are under 8) makes for some patient people, good planning and some smiles. The trip was really fun and rather then giving a huge trip report I will say this; Batteries are full, kids are great and I love my wife more then I ever have before. The 3 best parts of this trip for me were:
1. 20 miles on a bike with a burley and 2 kids and gear going over the Golden Gate bridge, and really seeing some of the best parts of San Fran.
2. Kids running down the streets, falling, getting up and running again. Not a lot of flat ground where we stayed.
3. Falling in love with my family all over again, and again and again.
4. Doing thing the Anne and Tyler way and loving it!!!!!

Anne is staying a few extra days to hang with family while I get back to work. The kids and Anne ended up getting sick but I have to say I love that place and look forward to having a reason to go back again.

Love you Anne,
Thanks for planning such a great trip.

T

2 comments:

  1. Your spirit and passion truly comes from your family!! I enjoy reading your post because it is so balanced between your beautiful family and training! These things make you an incredible athlete!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spirit and passion truly comes from your family!! I enjoy reading your post because it is so balanced between your beautiful family and training! These things make you an incredible athlete!!

    ReplyDelete