Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MY JOSH

This morning as I was sitting with you at IHOP and most of the day today I have had you on my mind. You are 6 years old today and seeing you enjoying your smile face pancake and your birthday sundae reminded my of many great times that we have had together and as a family. (Don't tell Mom we had Ice Cream for breakfast)

You came into our lives in Cleveland Ohio and from day one we realized that you were going to be a great part of our family. Mom walked around the hospital floor to help get you here before the 1st of April. We were really worried about you having that as a birthday and so as hard as it was Mom and Dad did laps dragging her IV around. You came a few hours later and we were so happy that you had a March 31st birthday. You looked great as a baby and have continued to where you look very handsome today.

I see you growing up, challenging life every day and living life to the fullest and I know that you are going to be a great Man. You are strong, kind and have a great nature about you. You never seem to miss anything, including hitting all walls, doors and anything else that is between you and where your going. You are great at sports, riding bikes, (even if you crash every time) swimming, sliding down the water slides, knee boarding and snow skiing. You are kind to your brother Jackson and as hard as it is to be the middle child you are great with Lexi as well.

Your smile is infectious and can make my day better the second I see it. You make me laugh and life is NEVER DULL when you are around. I miss you when I am gone and feel a void when you are not around. I love the fact that you love to keep going until it is time to stop and then you crash (two gears full speed and stopped). I love that you will try almost anything (food included) even though sometimes is it not fun. I love that you enjoy school and you are doing so well at it. Seeing you read and write and draw is awesome and you are getting so good at it.

Today you are a very big 6 years old. You have many great friends and family that love you. I think that it is neat the you love your family, cousins and aunts and uncles. Libby is a great BFF and it's neat that you like her so much.

I look forward to seeing you grow up, each day making it through life. Keep working hard and know that the best things in life do not come easy. You have to lean to work and then even more important you have to learn to have FUN when you work.

Keep dancing and singing, if you do, when you grow up you will make the boys jealous and the girls want to be your friend. Keep dreaming and know that a lot of dreams come true to those that match effort with desire. Keep being kind to people, you will always be around bullies. That does not mean that you need to become a bullie yourself. The kind people in the world will never be lonely.

And last and most important know that as your Dad I love you. I love you so much that it hurts when I am away. You are one of my best friends and I want to do everything to have it stay that way. I will always be around. I might get old, slow and kind of funny (that is what happened to my Dad) but I love him just the same and hope you will as well in years to come.

Love,

DAD

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is amazing. A letter i will never write and will always remember how you said it to your son. Very sweet

    ReplyDelete