Thursday, June 5, 2008

Those DAM hill repeats

The last few weeks have been crazy for Anne and Me. We have been going at lighting speed and Wednesday was no different. I had to return a rental truck that we used to bring the dining room set given to us by Anne's parents back to Uhaul by 8am in Aurora. Translation was that I had to adjust my workout to later that day. By the time I was able to get home from work and get my clothes on it was almost 6pm. The day had been cloudy and a little on the cold side so I packed rain gear and arm warmers and headed out. The workout on the schedule was a calm ride to Chatfield and then steady hill repeats on the Dam. Going from my home to Chatfield was pretty fun because it was mostly down hill. I was able to stay calm and by the time I entered the park I had my rocking music on and started my first climb. I tried to keep the same pace the whole way thought the set so I started pretty slow. I made it to the top and felt pretty good. Repeat #2-3 were just the same with my legs getting more use to the climb. Four, Five and Six were keeping me moving and the occasional rider that I was able to pass helped but I still had 4 more. The weather started to get worse and I felt like rain was going to hit me at some point of the ride. Grey clouds make the day disappear faster than normal so I keep my focus and tried to finish the ride as best as possible. Nine and Ten were great and I felt like I was steady the entire time. I did push and had a good workout and will forever love the DAM repeats at Chatfield. I did make it home and did so with no rain.




Side note, I was reading Sonja blog and saw a link to the finish line video to Cap Tex. I have to admit that I was pretty happy with my finish and so I came through the shoot a little excited. Here is the link if you want a good laugh.








Anne is going to have her first swim lesson tonight with Steve and I am really excited to see her want to get better at swimming. I hope that she is able to enjoy it and have a good time.


Anne also was challenged to her first Tri from the Cleveland Gang and is wanting to get ready. The race is in August in Las Vegas and I believe that Sean and Jessica will come along with Dawn and Jady. I am not sure of the rest of the group but will check in on them to see what they are thinking. It will be fun to see Anne do her first Tri, I just need to decide if I am going to race or watch. TBD.




Rain today, Masters was warm up in the indoor pool and the main sets outside in the rain. The pool water was warm and it was really fun swimming outside.




Here is a pic from the Cap Tex Tri recon Booo Yaaaa.




I love you Anne,




T




No comments:

Post a Comment